Monday, February 8, 2016

I am driving - stickshift

January 4, 2016



Ia ora tatou!!
How was everyone's New Year? I hope it was great!!
So obviously like the header says....I am driving now, stick shift and it's going pretty great. No lie, I've killed it more than a few times, but it's going pretty smoothly now!
This past Tuesday we went en ville into Papeete for transfers and so I could get signed off on driving. Soeur Lawrence and I got our new companions, our filles, and slowly made our way back to the other side of the island.
My fille, is Soeur Lasso! She is so legit! She is so cute and love to learn. She was born in Columbia, but moved to Montreal, Canada when she was 13 with her famille. Her first language was Spanish, and she eventually learned English and then French. And she's already a great teacher when it's her time to speak in lecons. I seriously think she came pre-trained.
This week has been a little slow because of the holidays, and we've had to look for new amis and recontact old ones aussi! The other day we drove up into the mountain onto the plateaus and found a lady named Colorine. She comes out and tells us that the sister missionaires used to come and see her and teach lecons but her husband is interested. She starts talking about her heritage, and tells us she was born in COLUMBIA. WHAT!!?? After Soeur Lasso heard that she immediately started speaking in Spanish to Colorine. Colorine started to cry a little bit, and told us that she has prayed every day to meet someone here who could speak with her in Spanish and help her reminisce about her culture and famille back in Columbia. She was so sweet and asked if we could come back this coming week. #blessing
Hinanui and Christophe told us that they have really been praying about getting married and le bapteme de Hinanui! Our dernier lecon avec eux we engaged them to date of 29 Janvier for leur mariage et son bapteme. They said that date has been in both of their minds and they said they would pray more about if that is the right date for them.
Like I said this week has been slow, but that means I get to show my fille around the sector a little more as we work at finding people to teach!
This New Year is going to be great, and I'm so excited for the formation with my fille!
2 Nephi 25:26
Ua here au ia outou!!
-Soeur/Tuahine Morrill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment