Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Another week, another sunburn and other adventures!

February 15, 2016

Chers tous,

Bonjour ou Ia ora na!

J'espere vous avez passé une bonne semaine!
This week was super great!
First of all: We've been having lecons with our new ami, Dawson! Super cool kid, and he has gained a testimony so fast. In our first lecon during the week we were discussing L'Evangile de Jesus Christ, and I had a distinct impression that we needed to engage him to baptism again. Though I wasn't sure, I had to figure out how to talk to Soeur Lasso about it DURING the lecon. So what do we do? We passed notes, like you all know y'all used to do in middle school, during the lecon to make sure that both of us were feeling the same prompting haha. It was so great. We both felt that the 19 March was his bapteme date and engaged him for that day. And he said....YESSSSS!!! So we fixed his bapteme for that day, and we told him we would do everything in our power to help him prepare for his baptism....y'all he's already ready, but the 19th of March just stuck out to us #theholyghostisreal
Second: This past Samedi Abraham got BAPTIZED!! He asked me to give the discour about the Don du Saint-Esprit. As I was speaking, I looked around the room, looking at other people, and then my gaze rested on Abraham....he was crying....dangit. For those of you who know me pretty well, you can pretty much guess that I started crying too. After Abraham was baptized and we went to féliciter him he shook my hand and told me how much he appreciated the words I said and how touched he was by the Spirit I brought into that talk. It's amazing the little things you say that can touch a person's heart. That's why we should always Ouvrir la bouche!!
Thrid: We had another lecon with Willy et Teivaiva this past week and it was Teivaiva's 18th birthday! So naturally we sang and brought him cake...that we tried our best to make! After all of that he tells that he has signed up for the ARMY in France. WHAT!!!! First of all that's awesome, but second of all NOOO! We don't want him to go, but I know there is more for him in France. A little background on Teivaiva: He was adopted when he was super little, and later on he was forced to go to a reform type of school. He dropped out of school at the beginning of the new year, and still has trouble reading. He's improved on his reading ability so much every since we've been teaching him. But he'll find out where in France he is going after the 22nd, AND he asked us to contact the missions over in France to find him and continue the lecons with him!!!
This week has been super duper hot, and it's been unbearable some days, and those days I've gotten absolutely fried. Yes...mom....sunscreen is life. But...we have found some pretty legit people. for example: we contatcted the PRESIDENT of the BILLABONG surfing competitions. He totally lives in our sector and told us that we could come back anytime, and later on after our missions would "hook us up with sick surfing lecons" hahaha. His name is Max, and he's super chill. He's super famille oriented and would not stop talking about him. Totally going back there this week!
P.Bize made an appearance at our Saint-Cene yesterday, and gave a pretty killer talk about missionary work. He taught our Gospel Principles class too, and told all of our amis and converti recents the importance of working towards ETERNAL LIFE! At the beginning of the lecon he starts talking about how the church of Jesus Christ was restored, and he turns to me and asks me to stand up and racont to everyone what happened when Jospeh Smith prayed in the forest grove that one day. Normally when I recount the first vision I get chills, but rarely do I cry. Yesterday was that day, not only did I cry while I recounted the first vision, but after I finished I was looking around the room more and saw a lot of our amis and converti recents were crying too. Not gonna lie....it's amazing the message you bring when you know you are just the transporter. Yes, I am a missionary, but the Holy Ghost is the real teacher her. I wasn't really aware that I had touched so many people that day until afterwards a lot of them came up to me and told me how stronly they felt the spirit. Advice: If you are a soon to be missionary. Never forget; when you recount the first vision, always allow the spirit to work through you. Don't make it sound like your just reciting it over and over again. Make it a special and spiritual experience for your amis. You may recount the first vision about 100 + times on your missions, but your amis will normally only hear it ONCE....so make it special every single time!! #peace
Y'all this week has been great, and our district got together in our sector of Taravao 1 to do district contacting. It was super fun, and our district helped us find more potentials. It's amazing how many more people you can find with missionaries in on small area!
Before I peace out for the week I want to leave y'all with a quote that I absolutely LOVE:
    "God left the world unfinished for man to work his skill upon. He left the electricity in the cloud, the oil in the earth. He left the rivers unbridged and the forests unfelled and the cities unbuilt. God gives to man the challenge of raw materials, not the ease of finished things. He leaves the pictures unpainted, the music unsung, and the problems unsolved, that man might know the joys and glories of creation." President Thomas S. Monson
Ua here au ia outou!
Jusqu'au semaine prochain!!
Peace out home slices!
-Soeur/Tuahine Morrill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment