Thursday, November 3, 2016

September 26, 2016

HEY YOU ALL,
SO, first of all this week was super great and even though we didn't have a ton of lecons we somehow managed to stay busy pretty much every hour of the day. BUT I got sick....hahahaha again. Those stomach bugs just tear you apart for a day, and you lose some weight, but then you regain it all when you go over to members houses to eat :)
Besides that little roadbump in my week it has been oh so super hot BUT we got a nice THUNDER storm to cool things off for a bit #praise
Yesterday we had another lecon with Nephi. We talked about the temple and geneologie! We told him that the temple is the House of the Lord and that he can be with his famille again for time and ALL ETERNITY! He sits back after looking at a picture of the Tahiti temple we showed him and tells us that "i need to get more serious. i want to be with my famille forever." Though he didnt say much the spirit was super super strong.
We were also able to do a split with the jeune-fille (young women) in our paroisse, and they were able to see how us missionaries work every day and the blessings that it brings into our lives. The two YW that i had were super funny and told me that after me and my comp spoke in church a few weeks ago that they gained a bigger desire to serve a mission! So people, BE AN EXAMPLE OF CHRIST! YOU NEVER KNOW WHO'S HEART YOU'RE GOING TO TOUCH THAT DAY!!! Garderz cet espoir! (keep that hope)!
In closing we had the General Womens Session of #ldsconf this past Saturday and though we were late getting there what I did hear will always inspire me!
I for one LOVED President Utchdorf's talk and of course wrote down quotes (note: i wrote them in French so my traduction may be a little rocky):
- "The essential is invisible to the eyes."
- "Faith is powerful and can bring about miracles."
- "In waiting we must continue on with the faith that we do have."
- "On the third floor you will receive that perfect knowledge."
And my mom sent me a funny thought that i MUST SHARE WITH Y'ALL TOO:

 "We are all brave until we realize that cockroaches have wings." hahahahahaha
It's so true. I've hated cockroaches ever since I stepped foot in Tahiti and finding out that they fly too made my hate for them burn even stronger.
I love y'all so much! Thank you for every thing!
GO WATCH GENERAL CONFERENCE THIS WEEKEND!! Listen to our PROPHET et APOSTLES speak! INCREASE YOUR PERSONAL TESTIMONY and FEEL THE SPIRIT!! It will CHANGE YOUR LIVES!!
#ldsconfchangeslives
Ok that's it! plein d'amour,
-Soeur/Tuahine Morrill :)
1.Uru (bread fruit) and poitro (corned beaf...i think) has to be one of my favorite snacks now!
2. A big #throwback to our time at the MTC...who would've thought that me and Soeur Tidjine  (one on my left) would be companions!!!! #blessed



No comments:

Post a Comment