Thursday, November 3, 2016

September 19, 2016
Chers tous,
This week has been super great and full of tiny blessings and doing service for others.
I had to say goodbye to Soeur Lavelua as she finished her mission and rentre chez elle en Nouvelle-Zelande. After that I received  SOEUR TIDJINE!! I think I told y'all about her last week, but hey why not tell y'all again!
She's from New Caledonia! We came to Tahiti ensemble, mais she finishes her mission 6 weeks after me. I have laughed more this week than I have during presque my entire mission! I'm #blessed to have her as my companion.
This past Saturday we did a projet service chez Cathy, One of our amis de l'eglise. It was basically clearing out weed infested yard and having the ONE TAHITIAN in our district cut the grass and big stuff we couldn't handle with a weed cutter. We spent a good 2 hours on our hands and knees pulling weeds AND I got to use a MACHETE!! It always feels good to service! For the longest time membres and amis here wouldn't let us do service because they would want to do things by them self, but finally Cathy let us come over Saturday morning with our district. And to piece it all together Cathy came to church yesterday!!!!
Yesterday, we had another lecon with Nephi yesterday! So long story short, yes he did not get baptized when he had wanted too, but he asked us if we could refix his date! We also read with him in the Livre de Mormon and at the end he told us..."now I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I just know now." He went on to explain how he couldn't explain the feelings he had, but that he knew finally that Joseph Smith translated Le Livre de Mormon par le pouvoir de Dieu.
Though this week was full of a ton of rejections and "let me call you"s little lecons and acts of service like that make up for all the negatives and up hill battles we face every day.
I love the work I am doing as a missionary, and even though it's BLAZING HOT I know that as I continue to metrise my French I am still capable of changing others lives and help them feel the spirit and the love of our Heavenly Father in their heart and home!
I love y'all oh so much!!
Passez une bonne semaine! EAT. Fight. WIN

-Soeur/Tuahine Morrill :)




No comments:

Post a Comment