Thursday, November 3, 2016

October 10, 2016

Chers tous,
So this week was super great!
Miracle 1: Nephi didn't smoke at all this week! He's also taking his scriptures to work every day this week! 
Miracle 2: The members in our paroisse pulled food together to help feed one of our amis and her famille for a week (they gave way more than what was needed #charity)
Miracle 3: Cathy came to church and brought her two little girls too!
We were rarely in our secteur this week because we had to play taxi drive for other sisters in the mission, but I love roadtripping so I couldn't complain :)
This past thursday we were chez President Bize again for Conseil des Dirigeants. He gave a super great formation that I wanna share with y'all. He told us quelque experiences he lived when he met an Apostle and Prophet of the church during his teenage years. He is a convert to the church, and at that time he met the Prophet, President Spencer W. Kimball. Later on he was able to translate for Elder Gordon B. Hinckley when he came to visit France, who would later become one of our Prophets too.
President told us "There are no secrets in the church. They tell us all, and our leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ are just as we hoped they would be: kind, loving, forgiving, charitable, humble, service oriented, and they crack jokes just like us. ...Now how can we become like the Apostles of the Lord?"
As missionaries we desire to have simply one simple thing on our mission, and it's not baptisms. We seek to have the Spirit with us.
Alma 13: 28-29
28 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;
29 Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest.
The Spirit is the only thing that can help us touch the hearts of those we teach. People say that contention brings a bad spirit. No. It doesn't bring an evil spirit it just chases The Spirit away. We can't help others feel the JOY of the gospel when we don't have the Spirit with us.
Surtout we can't resolve situations between family, friends, and loved ones by not conversing. We just build contention between one another which keeps the Spirit even farther away.
We can't become like Christ or His Apostles like that. It's impossible. We NEED the Spirit with us to teach, testify, and resolve.
I remember many days where I was just annoyed and had no motivation to work. I still have those days. We ALL have those days. And I knew and could feel that I didn't have the Spirit with me. I knew I couldn't go out that day and help my companion feel of that JOY. I knew that prayer was the only thing that could help me. I remember specifically one day my companion and I were getting ready to leave. Before we leave the house we always prayed. As I sat on my bike with my hands on my handle bars I prayed for our safety. I prayed for our amis, our members, and the other missionaries. I also prayed that He may accord us His Spirit, the happiness, and motivation to work that day. I needed to humble myself if I wanted Him to help my companion and I that day. After the prayer I remember perfectly as I was peddling I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness and peace wash over me. I finally had His Spirit, that happiness, and the motivation to work (because wow...it was hotter than blazes that day).
The Spirit is there to help us not just in our spiritual aspect of life but in every aspect. We literally cannot succeed without him. Y'all....he is your best friend during those times we feel so alone in a crowded room. We only need to follow the council that Alma gives us in chapter 13, and if we do we get a few steps closer to becoming like Christ and His Apostles.
So, the phrase "Forgive and Forget" literally does come from the Lord. He councils us that if we work at trying to become more like Him He will literally FORGIVE us of ALL we have done and FORGET ALL we have done. He literally promises us that.
Simplement if we wanna become like Christ and His Apostles we can "forgive and forget" too. We wanna be cool, calm, and collected like them, so why not?
Y'all President Bize's formation was ON POINT! And I just had to share it with y'all!
"Life is for laughing!" as Charly says in the film Charly. We can't afford to live our lives without the Spirit to help us. JOY brings the Spirit and the gospel of Jesus Christ is JOY.
Other than that this week was super!!
Je vous aime!! Ua here Te Atua ia outou!

-Soeur/Tuahine Morrill :)




No comments:

Post a Comment