Friday, September 9, 2016

July 11, 2016 - August 1, 2016 - Another Week or Three, Everyone Thinks I am From France

Iaorana tatou,
I hope y'all have been fantastic!
This week has been super duper great! And also we got other transfer calls this past friday!
TRANSFERS: I stay and my companion goes to Faa'a, so I get Soeur LAVELUA! She is Tongan, but grew up in Nouvelle-ZĂ©lande, so she is a straight kiwi! She is so funny and full of energy! I can't even describe how happy I am to work with her! She finishes her mission in Septembre which means that I will continue to rester in Temarua for a little while longer!
This past week we were also able to do splits and I worked in the trio with my fille Soeur Tuihani et l'autre soeur, Soeur Lehartel (who by the way left early this morning for her actual mission in Perth, Australia so we were at the aeroport at 5h45 this morning). We had some super great lecons together and worked super hard.
We had another lecon with Mireta this week! She's a young adulte who is 19 and lives with her boyfried and her little boy! The first time we met her was through normal porte a porte. We walked up to her house and she instantly says "no sorry we are in the process of getting ready to leave." so we obviously took that as a no and kept on going. The second time we saw her we were sitting in the car before getting out and going to a lecon juste en face de chez elle. She comes up and taps on the window. She then tells us that she actually wanted us to come back, but she never saw us again until that day! WHAT A BLESSING!!! Stuff like that rarely EVER happens! So we've already done quelque lecons avec elle, and she told us that she wants to be baptized and she wants to get married to because she wants to be sealed with her petite famille! HOW CUTE IS THAT!!! She knows that the gospel is true and that Joseph Smith restored Christ's church on this earth; now all it takes is her putting her desires into actions! Her faith is so strong, and chaque fois we visit her she shows us what she has read in the Livre de Mormon and the notes and highlights she has made. Our last lecons with her this past week she told us "It just makes sense; this gospel."
People like Mireta are called miracles. They show this desire and instant love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They strive to change their lives instantly once they hear of His restored gospel and the blessings that are promised from resting fidele a ses commandements. They strive to become better and more like the Savior. They know that His atoning sacrifice was for them indiviually and that they can always turn towards Him for help and peace. It's such a blessing and testimony builder seeing those you teach to personally build that desire.
So to finish off I read this RIDICULOUS TALK about Christ's atonement. Some of you may be asking yourselves "why was the atonement necessary?" "what would have happened if Christ didn't atone for our sins?" ....well my fellow famille, friends, and readers I read the talk that will repondre aux deux questions! It literally blows your mind!
It's called "A Personal Search for the Meaning of the Atonement" by W.Cleon Skousen.

https://rcronk.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/a-personal-search-for-the-meaning-of-the-atonement/
I read it about 4-5, and as always pulled some quotes that I really loved:

"He’s telling us all good-by and He’s about to go down into the amnesia of the second estate. So He won’t even know who He is. You don’t even know who you are. I don’t even know who I am. Isn’t that exciting?"

“I want you to understand more about me. I want you to understand I’m not way off, a mystical being. I’m your loving Heavenly Father and I operate in an atmosphere of cause and effect and in a universe of law. There’s nothing magic about what I do. Everything is based on a science and I’m trying to teach it to you gradually.”
I really hope y'all read the talk! It will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!
And I hope y'all pass a good semaine!
peace, love, and hugs; nana
-Soeur/Tuahine Morrill :)



No comments:

Post a Comment