Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 4 of 12 and moving day!


HEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOO to you all (y'all), and a Happy Late Fathers Day!!!

 

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day in the USofA!! It is currently too hot for my taste but dry heat!

This week has flown by as the last two have as well! And there really isn't much to report on.... :(

Buuuutttt today we had to move out of our residence hall and move into another one...which is newer-ish (i think), bigger, and has way better showers. PRO: it is right next to the gym...CON: it's a farther walk to the cafeteria! but it's way nicer and our room has a perfect view of "Y" Mountain!

 

So last week i told you all (i think) about the area 70 my companion and I met...well, THANKS TO MY WONDERFUL MOTHER who sent me a lot of Deseret News, I found out what his name is, Larry S. Kacher, and he is the 2nd counselor in the Europe East Area presidency!

 

Oh and cool story: A lot of new mission presidents are coming in this week for training and the First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12 are gonna be here too!!!! OMGGGGG!!! And I think a mission president is coming in to teach our class both thursday and friday!! 

 

Soooo a wise man (dad) told me that I should let y'all know how a normal day in the MTC goes:

6:30 wake up

7:00 breakfast

8:30-11:30 class instruction (which consists of language teaching and teaching investigators)

11:30 lunch

12:15-3:15 class instruction (language teaching, doctrinal class study, and teaching other investigators or TRC which is teaching other people besides our teachers and practicing our language)

3:15:4:30 supplemental hour for studying and preparing lessons for the next day and taking walks around the "outer rim" of the mtc campus so we don't go insane.

4:30 dinner (which is personally think is way to early for dinner but that's just my opinion :) )

5:15-6:15 personal study (our time to study what we are reading in our scriptures and studying what we think is important to our investigators)

6:15-7:15 companion study (where my companion and I come together and discuss what what we learned in personal study and discuss together what we thing our investigators need in their next lessons)

7:15-7:25 our district takes a break and sing a few songs in Tahitian 

7:25-8:15 language study (this one is pretty obvious)

8:25-9:15 GYM TIME!

9:25-10:30 quiet/personal time

10:30 LIGHTS OUT

 

So  that's what a normal week in the MTC is like, except for on Tuesdays which are my P-days which is where i get to relax from class instruction, and I get to GO TO THE TEMPLE annnnnnndddddd TAKE A NAP!!!!!!!!! annnnndddddd we get to have an AWESOME DEVOTIONAL by someone. We don't find out who speaks on Tuesday devos until we get there. We are hoping someone from the 12 speaks to us today, because of the whole mission president training going on this week but who knows. Either way it's gonna be pretty sick. 

 

Last Tuesday David F. Evans of the Quorum of the 70 came and spoke to us in the evening devotional. He was so awesome! I lost my notes though which makes me super angry but if i find them I'll definitely tell y'all about his talk. He also recently got called to be an area 70 for West Africa so that's super cool too!

 

Oh and I love reading all of your emails. and I also love getting packages: sooooooo if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg while I'm still in the country feel free to send my some treats :)

 

Sister McKenzie Grace Morrill

AUG 10 TAHI-PAP

2007 N 900 E

Provo, UT 84602          :)

 

Ua here au ia oe!!!!

 

tata for now 

Tuahine, Soeur, Sister Morrill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment